Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Rockin' My Locks


Just stopping in for a quick blog note and pic post. This has been a great first week at work with Sisterlocks so far! I have received nothing but compliments and inquiries. I love running my hands through and fluffing my hair! I could not do this in its previous natural state. I will miss my puff days in a way. As you can see in the pics, I have areas of less density in the top, but I have no doubt that will change in due time. It actually is more visible in a camera shot than in person, so it doesn't bother me at all. I can already feel and see small changes in my hair since my install. Amazing. Yesterday I did cardio on my elliptical machine. I braided and banded for fear of sweat causing slippage. I had a talk with my consultant today, so glad we work for the same company because I have the luxury of getting a spot check from her daily if I want :-), and she determined that it's probably not necessary for me to braid and band and that just a pin up will do, unless my hair is getting drenched with sweat during my workouts. I was happy to hear that because the braid'n band was very time consuming. Taking them out was a little annoying as well because the bands are so tiny, but we are gonna work on that. My consultant said also that I should band larger sections of my hair in the future for washing as opposed to the smaller sections I did pre-workout. In the mornings, it has definitely been a get up and go WITH STYLE type of freedom. I wet my hands, run them through my hair, finger style, throw in an accessory clip, if that's what I'm feelin', and GO GIRL! Sisterlocks rock!!! Peace.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, your hair looks great!!! I worked out the 1st day I had my SL's and I never thought to braid and band nor did I experience slippage. Isn't it great to sweat though and actually still look like something when you're done :-)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! I agree, it's a wonderful thing. Glad to hear you didn't have an issue with slippage. That's encouraging.

    ReplyDelete