Saturday, September 5, 2009

First Wash - Day 6


Day 6 I performed my first wash. I was sooooo nervous that I would end up with a head full of loose hair, but I braided/bundled and took a head dive under the faucet with my fingers crossed. I was really concerned about loosening the locks around my edges, but they all faired well! I put a bobby pin on the ends of a few of the small edge locks that were too short to bundle with other locks. My consultant suggested I clip them down to avoid slippage and it seemed to have made a difference. I plan to do a weekly wash, especially considering I will be sweating in my hair alot with my cardio workouts. I did notice a few small brown flakes in the front of my hair/scalp after the wash. I am thinking it was from the Sisterlocks shampoo? The shampoo has a brown tint. Other than that, so far, so good :-)). I am loving my sisterlocks freedom and looking forward to thickness and maturation!

3 comments:

  1. Looking good Valencia! Are your SL sizes considered micros? I believe I want mine the size of yours. I also need a tip on how to get a picture collage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IveyLeague,
    Thank you! One of the characteristics of sisterlocks, as you probably already know, is their small(micro) size, so yes yours will be micro is size. Generally, the front edges, and nape are smaller and the crown will be a little larger. This is what makes SLs so versatile and easy to style. Your consultant will be able to inform you more on the size factors. Good luck and keep me posted :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. IvyLeague,
    Oh, yeah regarding the collage, if you don't have Picasa photo program on your pc already, you can add the feature to your blog. Just click "customize" on your blog and there should be an add feature that allows you to add Picasa function to your blog. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete