Saturday, September 19, 2009

Bang Love


This week I rekindled my love with the bang. I haven't worn bangs since I was a kid, lol. I performed my 3rd wash today. I decided to go all out and wash in the shower and it went well. My hair is changing so much! The dense areas in the back already are showing early signs of closing! Back to the washing...I noticed that whenever I wash, I have dry skin that comes up from my scalp and leave white specks in my hair. I feel it's because the braiding and banding doesn't allow me to rinse the dandruff that comes up from my scalp and therefore gets trapped in my hair, especially at the base of the lock in the new growth. Once I let it dry, I am able to get it all out by brushing it out with my hands. I think once I'm able to wash without braiding and banding, that problem will be resolved. If anyone else has had this issue during the start-up phase, feel free to share your tips. Peace, Joy & SL-love.

6 comments:

  1. Adorable -- I love the curly Q's!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the baby pic~

    I'm just dropping by to show some luv
    since I'm not online that much.

    Take Care~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks beautiful. Our locks dates are only about 2 weeks apart. Looking forward to your progress. Stop by and see me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    I had the dry skin that gets trapped in your locks too because of the braiding and banding. I most recently brought it up to 2 different consultants and they both said that you only need to band the ends of the hair or else you will not clean your locks properly. They stated this is how they were trained to just band. Not band and braid. I had to have my locks redone and since then just banding has worked fine for me. Just wanted to share my experience with you. Love your page!

    Natural High

    ReplyDelete
  5. One more thing... your locks look gorgeous! They seem really mature so soon :-)

    Natural High

    ReplyDelete