Sunday, August 30, 2009

SIsterlocked & Lovin' It






Today was my first full day as a sisterlocked sistah and all I can say is I wish I had known about this natural hair management system sooner!! I probably would have locked years ago! I received my first comments along with a hypnotic gaze and hand reaching out to touch my hair while out today. The comments and questions were:

1. Your hair is so cute, I love it.
2. Wow, I like your hair.
3. What is it?
4. Did they add hair?

I'm sure this is only the beginning of the questions and stares and I welcome them all! I put soft twist rollers in my hair today to achieve the look in the pics here.

On a side note, my husband has been with me through all of my hair phases. From the first time I did the big chop over 6 years ago he was supportive and complimentary , even when I was unsure that I'd made the right decision. I love that he loves my hair and has always been in my corner. I asked him if he wanted to run his fingers through my hair and he said he wasn't sure if I wanted him to mess it up, LOL. I told him no problem, I can just shake it back into place. :-) He's lovin' sisterlocks too! Thanks, babe ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Valencia,

    Your Sisterlocks look beautiful!!! I look forward to keeping you company on your journey. I'll be peeking my head in to check on you!!! Congratulations!!!


    KiKi

    ReplyDelete