Sunday, September 27, 2009

Week 4



My one month'versary will be here on Wednesday! Yay!! This past week, I didn't do much to my hair but get up and go post-H20 spritz. Gotta love it! Someone in the elevator at work on Thursday said "you did something different to your hair! it's very curly". She went on to say, "what do you do, just wash and go?" :-)) I didn't bother going into the sisterlock conversation, but just smiled and replied, "Yes!" I enjoy the adoration, inquisitive minds, eagle eyes and rubberneckers who wonder "what's that, twists...extensions?" Oh, how I love thee sisterlocks :-)).

I washed my hair twice this week. I decided to purchase some small "ouchless(w/o metal)" bands. They are a little thicker than the tiny rubber bands we receive in the starter kits. The small rubber bands were just not so user friendly to me. I didn't like the hard time I had trying to pull them out of my hair after washing because they are so so tiny and whenever I did, I felt like they would snag my hair a little at the ends and make them more frizzy. Anyway, I decided to make that minor adjustment with the wider bands. Although I haven't used them yet for washing, I twisted and banded for a cardio workout and they worked GREAT. They were super easy and less time consuming to remove from my hair and no snagging!!

Yesterday, I went for a massage and had an "oh no you didn't moment" when the massage therapist started massaging my scalp unexpectedly. The quiet voice in my head was screaming "nooooo" and "don't massage too vigorously around my baby edges", LOL, and "no oil!!!". I tensed up everytime he got near the the nape of my neck. Fortunately, he wasn't using alot of oil and the times he was in my head or near my baby edges, the oil in his hands had already been absorbed in other areas prior. So, I didn't freak out and jump off the table or anything..LOL. Two things you don't mess with, MY FAMILY & MY HAIR

I had to reschedule my follow-up & first retightening session last week because I wasn't feeling well. I am over-due and looking forward to my appointment on Thursday. This head needs some work! I'm thinking every 5wks is going to be my schedule. I will see what my consultant thinks on Thursday. The area where I have experienced the most slippage is around the edges at the front(near the top) of my head. I'm looking forward to getting those babies re-locked. The spacey areas in the top are thickening!! 'Til I get tightened up...Peace, Joy & Sisterlocks Lovin'. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I can see the progress! Your babies are beautiful! I can't wait. I go for consultation next weekend! How do you do the photo collage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your locks are coming along very nicely. You should definitely take the opportunities to advertise your SL's. I know sometimes it can be a pain to explain what they are, how to maintain them, etc etc., but you should educate those who don't know and may believe that you just have small braids. I get the "wow, that must have taken forever to do" comment all the time.

    ReplyDelete