Saturday, October 3, 2009

One Month'Versary


Greetings! My first month anniversary has come and gone and I got the first "is that a wig or weave?" from someone at work this past Wednesday! I'm was happy to say that it wasn't and offer a little hairducation in that moment. I had my first follow-up and re-tightening, so my little babies around the front edges that slipped are back in lock'dom :-) The re-tightening session took 6 hours. That was nothing compared to the install, so I can't complain. Not to mention, my consultant did an excellent job. She's a perfectionist ;-)...Shout out to Syreeta L. Gambrell!!

I have been washing once a week since the start and am thinking I will go biweekly this month, just to see how things go and if the edges that are most prone to slippage hang on a little better. I've noticed that despite the fact that I colored my hair prior to the install, those little grey hairs around the front edge that I wanted to cover have already made a reappearance...sigh...and I'm not sure if they are from the same root or actually new hairs?!! I'm leaning towards new hairs because I can't imagine them breaking through the permanent color at only a month later. Makes me say huuuuum. Well, let it be and let it grow!! I will be able to color again at some point in this journey.

Til next time, peace, joy & sisterlocks love.

2 comments: